Welcome to abortionstories! This community was made to provide a forum in which women can share their personal stories about abortion. Partners/friends are welcome to participate as well. This is not a debate community, only comments of support are welcome.
Membership is moderated so please be patient when trying to join, if you're membership hasn't been approved within 2 days please e-mail the moderators or contact us at story_mods, not in our personal journals. If your request has been rejected please see this post or this post. Please be aware that we will not approve "Friends only" journals or new journals without being contacted.
If you have concerns about anonymity, please post as user story_anon. Contact the mods at story_mods for the password.
***These rules are subject to change at anytime!!!***
1. The following is a list of words you may use only in your own story about pregnancy or abortion. pro-life pro-choice asshole illegal My opinion...
Use of these words outside this context will result in a warning and deleting the post. The fourth offense gets the user banned from the community.
2. Posts and comments placed here to start debate or flame wars will be deleted as soon as moderators find out about them. Do not reply to such posts and comments, but email the moderators, and we will delete them with speed. Posts made about flames or debates in other entries will also be deleted, please just email a moderator.
Debate and flame war starters have one warning. The first offense gets the post deleted. The second offense gets the user banned from both communities.
Participants in debates and flame wars have three warnings. After the fourth offense, the user will be banned from both communities.
3. If you suggest that you can do a better job than the given moderators, you'll be banned so you can go and try somewhere else.
4. Moderators must display an email address that they will check on the user info page for story_mods. Moderators will also post in story_mods when they are planning to be absent. The community will always be watched by someone.
5. Posts regarding abortion or pregnancy issues for discussion are welcome, but if a debate insues, they will be deleted.
6. Comments attacking the choice a woman has made will be deleted. Your personal opinions regarding another's situation should be kept to yourself. All viewpoints are welcome, but remember to make all comments supportive, even if that is not the choice you would have made.
7. Also, please no advertising of communities here. community_promo is a great place to do that. If you feel your community has something to offer the members of this community and feel as though it should be advertised here, email a moderator. In the email please explain why you think your community should be advertised here.
8. No polls or questionairres about members experiences regarding abortion with out prior moderator approval. This approval will be reserved for legitimate polls and groups, not for class presentations and projects.
A good place to go if you have questions about abortion procedures and general abortion information: